Translate

Sunday 30 January 2011

It is never too late

I am 20 years old now, going to be 21 after 4 months. It seems that I have always celebrate, or more like having my birthday be celebrated by others during the day. Bur strangely enough, it was never during the night. Normally as I know, who doesn't celebrate their birthdays at night? Only me I guess...
But what can I do. Yet, there are others amongst my friends who would send some shock wave to my brain by only asking of what I want to do during my birthday. Honestly, I have never thought of that, seeing as I have never got the chance to do the things that I want to go. But thinking back now, maybe for my 21st birthday, I should treat myself to the dance floor? Clubbing anyone? On second thought, I have been to one, and it was my first time there too, drinking Balihigh was the most wonderful beer that I have ever tasted in my whole youth life. Or maybe I should go watch a movie? But I normally watch movies even though its not my birthday... So what should I do for this year...I have absolutely no idea at all. But if you have one, do let me know.


Amongst all the quotation by great people, there is one that I could not get my mind off. It was firstly said by Confucius: "The journey is better than the destination". Which as simple as it appears, it means that, people should enjoy the experience of life, whether if it scares you, or make you lose you balance, the experience of being in love itself is more valuable than to care about how it would end. What matters most in life is not where you land your feet, but instead of where your feet steps on.


People always said to me that life is too short to complain about anything, or too short to not try out something. Too short that one day you would regret for not doing something which you want to do but fear to do. I remember watching this one show which Hilary Duff was acting in, I remember this one quotation that you would be able to find it one the wall saying: "Never let the fear strikes you out from playing the game," or something like that. In fact, if you were to think back about the meaning, it is true that life itself is a game. Like what Frodo remind Sam: “Remember what Bilbo use to say: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to"". In deed that the road is just like your life, not knowing of what that is lies ahead of you. If you were to take the left, or even the right turning, you might never know what were to come next, whether it is good for you, or bad.


Life is just as unpredictable as those that die as soon as their were born. If we can still survive till this current age, it proof that we are strong. Strong enough to make any journey without having to fear of what might come. And it is never to late.
For my birthday, I think I go back to the traditional saying: "Be with my family, friends, and my boy friend". That is all that I can ever ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment