Translate

Sunday 15 April 2012

The Going Gets Tough

It has been long since the last time I post an entry into my diary. Lately, there were lots of things up in my head. Some of which took hold the better judgement of me. Some, by far the most disappointing memoirs to be made for future lessons.

I admit that I have been away, from my fellow readers. From my college friends and close families. It seems that I have lost the touch of being able to communicate with people other than myself. Unsocialize, some would call me. But I do not deny... I have lost the sense of socializing. To my friends and families out there, I truly ask for your forgiveness and also your understanding.


Lately, I have been working with Star Publication as a Photographer. I do not know if I should call it as being a photojournalist... Or just a simple term as photographer. I learned through out my time there, that all photojournalist are great photographers. But not all photographers can  be a great photojournalist. Just like what they said: Any person can cook for their own survival, but not everyone can cook to produce a great satisfaction for the buds.

I have many people coming to me, asking me why I had studied film and now I am doing something else. To me, I see film as something that is not hard to do. What I mean is that it is not hard to portray what you want to tell your audience. Because film is constantly moving, frame by frame is every second. Message is portrayed in various ways with various techniques, with the use of technical and props and actors. But photography or photojournalism, you just have that one moment. That one moment that is so curial to the whole story. That one millisecond that could change the perception of the world towards the subject of a picture. That one millisecond that is so vital, that it keeps you alive, it keeps you breathing and keep on pushing yourself. And you would always find yourself saying: Just one more, just one more.... You see, when it comes to being a single still frame, you tend to treat everything so vital that your own lives seem to depend on it. That is the art of still frame that makes it so challenging that film becomes only a mere child's play thing.

Deep down, I love doing lots of things. From finding facts, studying myth, writing stories, making films and doing still shots. From painting to musics, from analyzing to experimenting. There is no stop for me. I love to try out anything and everything. Some people that I have met while working in Star, they called me multi-task talent. But honestly, I just love to learn. This world is so full of knowledge that the idea of one person only skilled in a particular thing is not a fair play of life. Life is just too short that you have to try out everything, go adventure, discover and rediscover. Life does not just stop there just because you have graduated from a major. Life does not just stop there just because you are married. Life does not stop there just because the world is going to end. Life doesn't just stop at anywhere, because time itself does not stop. Till the time you take your last breath, life would still go on, even for the death. But the journey ahead would be twice as long as those breathing. Still, life does not stop there.
=======
Location- Kuala Lumpur
Music- Olafur Arnalds
=======

No comments:

Post a Comment